Who we are
We aim to impact the world through capacity building and disseminating educational activities.
We are the team within the CCAF who encourages and promotes knowledge transfer internally and externally. We achieve this by encouraging multi-team collaborations and through disseminating research to target audiences.
What we do
- We provide capacity building and education programmes for regulators and policymakers.
- We promote evidence-based policymaking by supporting the dissemination of CCAF research and digital tools.
- We provide the platform for the CCAF and the global community of regulators to collaborate and share knowledge.
Programmes we offer
Cambridge Fintech and Regulatory Innovation (CFTRI) programme
The CFTRI is an 8-week online programme designed to build knowledge and capacity in technology-enabled financial and regulatory innovation.
The CFTRI programme is for financial regulators and policymakers working in central banks, securities organisations, and government ministries. Over 1500 regulators and policymakers from more than 340 institutions in over 145 countries have successfully completed the programme.
The continued strength and value of the CFTRI programme is that it provides global regulators with the latest insights and understanding of fintech and regulatory innovation. The programme equips regulators and policymakers to enable the responsible growth of the fintech sector globally and achieve key regulatory objectives such as consumer protection and financial inclusion.
- A confidential ‘safe space’ for global regulators and policy makers to learn from the practical experience of others who have gone through, or are going through, similar challenges.
- Offers regulators ready access to practical knowledge and timely insights for designing, developing, and implementing innovative fintech and regulatory initiatives.
- Access to high profile speakers and regulators from around the world.
- Participants reinforce their understanding by learning from the experienced CCAF subject matter expert tutors and their peers in small tutorial groups.
- The compulsory capstone projects enable powerful knowledge exchange and transfer that leads to tangible outcomes for participants and their institutions.
- Inspires collaboration between institutions, countries, and regions to overcome common barriers.
- Forges networks and partnerships between global regulators to accelerate inter-jurisdictional and cross-jurisdictional decision-making and innovation in fintech and regulation.
Cambridge Digital Assets for Regulators Online Programme
Designed for regulators and supervisors from around the world to learn from Cambridge academics as well as their highly experienced peers in the industry. This eight-week online course offers new insights to facilitate dialogue and learning opportunities about the risks and opportunities presented by the growing digital asset ecosystem and regulatory considerations.
Cambridge Open Banking & Finance (COBOF) for Regulators Online Programme
This online eight-week course provides regulators, policymakers, and professionals in government and industry with key insights, hands-on tools, and practical project-based learning opportunities to navigate an increasingly complex regulatory landscape around open banking and open finance and empower more jurisdictions to economically develop their open banking ecosystem.
Cambridge SupTech Lab – Supervisor of the Future: SupTech Frontiers Programme
Supervisor of the Future: SupTech Frontiers Programme focuses on the paradigm shift in financial supervision that is triggered by the rise of fintech and digital assets. The curriculum, assignments, and live sessions enable deeper understanding of emerging digital technologies and innovative business models, demystify the complexities of evolving supervisory environments and support participants in the creation of suptech applications to address the challenges they face to effectively supervise the financial market. The programme consists of a 6-week online curriculum, draws on real-world cases studies and offers a blend of interactive learning techniques and integrated live sessions. Runs 14 August to 22 September 2023.
Cambridge SupTech Lab – Distilling the Digital Ocean: Practical Data Science in Financial Supervision Programme
Distilling the Digital Ocean: Practical Data Science in Financial Supervision Programme centres on applying best practices and cutting-edge tools to achieve data-driven supervision through a series of theoretical modules and hands-on exercises. Designed for both supervisors and data scientists, the course equips participants with the skills to unlock the full potential of data science while maintaining ethical and responsible data collection, handling, and analysis using AI and other advanced technologies. The programme consists of a 6-week online curriculum, draws on real-world cases studies and offers a blend of interactive learning techniques and integrated live sessions. Runs 25 September to 3 November 2023.
Cambridge SupTech Lab – Leading Transformation: Product and Organisational Innovation Programme
Leading Transformation: Product and Organisational Innovation Programme furthers the capacity of the participants to be the visionary and effective leaders of the digital transformation of financial supervision. Diving into techniques for data-driven and user centered solutions design, change management, and products and organisational innovation, the course supports the participants proofs of concept of cutting-edge, scalable suptech applications and bring about prototype development and deployment. The programme consists of a 6-week online curriculum, draws on real-world cases studies and offers a blend of interactive learning techniques and integrated live sessions. Runs 6 November to 15 December 2023.